1. What did Johnny’s mother do for a living?
a. flew planes
b. told fortunes
c. cleaned houses
d. caught fish and sold them
2. What does Wilbur tell Johnny he is building?
a. a bicycle
b. a flying machine
c. a kite
d. a glider
3. What does an anemometer measure?
a. wind speed
4. What were Irene and Pauline’s dresses made of?
b. cotton fiber
d. wing coverings from the Wright’s kite
5. Which character had a goatee?
a. Doc Spratt
c. Samuel Langley
d. Octave Chanute
6. What did the Wright brothers build at home over the winter of 1902?
a. a wind tunnel
b. a new house
c. a propeller
d. a gas powered engine
7. What idea did Orville come up with in the middle of the night?
a. to have the propellers turn in opposite directions
b. to move the rear elevator forward
c. to use Johnny as a test pilot
d. to put a hinge on the rear vertical rudder
8. What did Orville call the takeoff rail?
a. the Cannonball Express
b. the Grand Junction Railroad
c. the Orient Express
d. Tom Thumb
9. What did Langley’s “Aerodrome” crash into?
a. a barn
b. a crowd of onlookers
c. the Potomac River
d. another flying machine
10. How long was the first flight?
a. 59 seconds
b. 200 feet
c. 15 seconds
d. 12 seconds